I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.50 – a scriptable dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice. In addition, it now comes with a feature packed IPv4/IPv6 Subnet Calculator and DNS lookup tool built in!
PLEASE UPGRADE: There is a major data corruption bug found in TemplateFx v2.47 to v2.49 that will corrupt the output – it is highly recommended that you upgrade to fix this issue.
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- MAJOR BUG: Disabled threading globally as it was causing data corruption – Java’s ScriptEngine isn’t thread safe.
- Removed support for using the system DNS search list – it used an internal API which is no longer available in Java 9.
- Added support for “Prev Network” and “Next Network” in the “IP Calc” pane.
- Enhanced the “IP Calc” pane with respect to DNS lookups – now supports specifying name servers and a DNS search list.
- The “nslookup” function now follows CNAME records when resolving hostnames.
- TemplateFx now reports more status information when generating outputs.
- Added a “Check for Updates” option on the “Help” menu.
Feedback welcome as well as suggestions or enhancement requests or general queries!General TemplateFx