I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.49 – a scriptable dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice. In addition, it now comes with a feature packed IPv4/IPv6 Subnet Calculator and DNS lookup tool built in!
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- IP Calc now supports abbreviated forms of “nslookup” (e.g. “ns”, “n” or “nlookup”).
- Fixed a bug where not all script exceptions were being caught.
- IP Calc now includes an “[N]” or “[B]” flag when resolving subnets to indicate expected NETWORK and BROADCAST.
- Added the ability to export and import all components of a DataTemplate in plain text.
- Improvements to the IP Calc with regards to the output layout for DNS lookups.
- Aligned the JTextArea paste events so they all call a common function and support a wait cursor.
- Added a banner to the Console tab when an output is generated as a marker for different messages.
- Added support for enabling line wrap on Template and Snippets panes.
- Fixed a bug where the correct DataFlavor wasn’t being set on data from the Template pane.
- Fixed some cosmetic sizing issues around the Snippets pane.
- Updated selectWord() to also consider “,” as a word delimiter in addition to whitespace.
- Template pane now takes the focus if no template is detected.
Feedback welcome as well as suggestions or enhancement requests or general queries!General TemplateFx