I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.39 – a scriptable dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice.
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- Added support for “templatefx.fields”, an associative array variable as an alternative to “<<X>>”.
- Major performance improvements in parsing and generating templates.
- Added a warning about using double quotes (“) or the escape character (\) in the data pane.
- Minor bug fix to the “ip()” function for validation of IPv6 addresses.
- Re-instated the right click JPopupMenu on the “Template Fields” pane.
- Introduced an “Edit” menu which mimics the JPopupMenu on right click.
- Added some additional JMenuItem graphical icons for common items.
- Included the name of the text area that Find is operating on in the Find dialogue.
- Set maximum width of all JOptionPane confirmation/warning and error messages.
- Updated titles of JOptionPane dialogues to be consistent.
- Exterminated 30 potential bugs/bad practices identified by FindBugs v3.0.0.
- Improvements to the help within the “Grouping and Merging” section.
- The help file icon is now extracted locally instead of relying on Internet access.
- Added “Generated at xx in xx seconds” banner to Output panes.
Feedback welcome as well as suggestions or enhancement requests or general queries!General TemplateFx