I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.38 – a scriptable dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice.
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- Added support for “Merge Rows” where rows with the same Group By value are merged together using a delimiter.
- Bumped the DataTemplate file version to 3 to support Merge Rows (older versions can’t read newer files, etc).
- Added support for “templatefx.delimiter” and “templatefx.mrows” to support Merge Rows.
- Added support for “<>[x]” shortcut syntax to access individual merged rows.
- Fixed a bug where an error was thrown if it detects an empty IF block.
- Group dropdown in the Output pane is now order agnostic – ordering is controlled by the order of the data.
- Added support for optional STEP keyword in FOR loops.
- Added a warning message if invalid syntax is used in IF or FOR constructs.
- Fixed a bug which meant the “ip()” function wasn’t able to output using ipv6format 2.
- Fixed a bug where GUI updates from a SwingWorker thread weren’t happening on the EDT thread.
- Deprecated FOREACH in favour of FOR, although both will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
- After the output has been generated all white space is now stripped from the end of lines.
- Added an error message if an exception is generated during generating outputs.
- Added support for “templatefx.version” and “templatefx.build” to display the current version/build string.
- Fixed a bug where “templatefx.rows” and “templatefx.row” weren’t taking into consideration excluded rows.
- Fixed an issue where the window icon was being scaled to 16×16 and was blurred in task manager.
- Combined the output buttons into a single Save button which provides a popup menu in the output pane.
- Added support for combining all the outputs into a single text file.
- Fixed a bug where not all rows were being checked for exclusion and were being included.
- Set focus to main template window on load bookmark.
- Changed some WARNING messages to ERROR messages.
Feedback welcome as well as suggestions or enhancement requests or general queries!General TemplateFx