I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.35 – a dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice.
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- Added support for template comments (using #) which aren’t seen in the output.
- Added support for including external files into a template.
- Changed a behaviour where snippet syntax wasn’t being highlighted unless the snippet existed.
- Fixed a bug where the “timestamp()” js function wasn’t working – bug introduced in 2.34.
- Fixed a bug where tabs weren’t being stripped from snippets.
- Fixed a race condition where the previous pane wasn’t being focused when switching between tabs.
- Cleaned up the Base64 encoding and decoding functions.
- Changed the default un-maximised size from 800×600 pixels to 960×640 pixels.
- Added some additional IP helper functions to output subnet information – network(), broadcast(), ipfirst() and iplast().
- Updated the “timestamp()” function to not rely on a custom Java “jsTimestamp()” function.
- Fixed a bug where I broke “Undo” and “Redo” when selecting them off the popup menu.
- An updated version of the User Guide has been included with the distribution.
Feedback welcome as well as suggestions or enhancement requests or general queries!General TemplateFx