I am pleased to announce the release of Template v2.32 – a dynamic templating tool that enables you to write configuration templates once and deploy multiple times – never do the same thing twice.
Download links and instructions can be found on the TemplateFx page.
The changes in this release are summarised below:
- Major performance improvement with syntax highlighting the template pane – from 1.5s to less than 50ms for a 500K file.
- Added support for the “Console” tab to aid in template troubleshooting.
- Introduced the “clog()” function to output messages to the console log from templates – use in combination with the “Console”.
- Introduced the “insubnet()” function to verify if an IP address is within a subnet.
- Introduced the “timestamp()” function to output a timestamp in templates.
- Added support for “Clear All” on the popup menu to easily delete all contents.
- Fixed a bug with single column data sets where we used a comma or tab within subsequent rows.
- Changed the background colour of the output pane to differentiate it from the DataTemplate pane.
- Removed DataTemplate version check otherwise it will break backwards compatibility in the future.
- Added support for intelligent Redo and Undo buffers that group similar events together.
- Fixed an issue where focus was being reset to the data pane when you switched back to the DataTemplate tab.
- Added support for an “In Browser” button for HTML templates that launches the default browser with the output.
- Implemented a workaround for Java on Mac OS where the tab titles were going wrong when you tried to rename them.
- “Find and Replace” dialog automatically hides when it loses the focus.
- Output tabs now use a title of “null” if title is omitted.
- Added an “Options” item to the “File” menu to enable the toggling of persistent options.
- Fixed an issue with the JProgressBar when generating output that caused it to pause too long at 0%.
- Fixed an issue with an ever increasing build number as it was being regenerated on Jar extraction.
- Added the current Java Runtime Environment version to the About screen.
- Fixed a bug which permitted template fields to span across lines.
- Added an improvement to highlight the header row in the data pane.
- Enhancements to make it look more “Mac” like if run on a Mac based on Apple’s recommendations.
- Various code cleanups to adhere to best practices and to remove legacy constructs.
- Added support for Redo to go hand in hand with Undo.